Copper Point Golf Club is pleased to support many community initiatives and are proud to partner with them. A brief list of our charitable friends and organizations include:
- Longest Day of Golf in support of ALS
- Columbia Valley Rockies Annual Golf Tournament
- Lion’s Day Golf Tournament
- AARC, Summit Youth Centre and Hockey Canada Skills Academy
- Golf in School Program – We donated clubs to the local EMP & J.A. Laird School’s
- Kelly Hrudey Charity Golf Classic
- Feed The Town
- Westside Legacy Trail – From April – June $5 from every green fee after 2 pm was donated to the Westside Legacy Trail. A total of $9,410 was raised for this project.
- The Cure Foundation
- The Columbia Valley Centre for the month of July, $5 from every green fee on The Point and The Ridge after 3 pm, Monday-Friday will be donated to the new community centre.
- Travel Columbia Valley
July 19, 2016 – The Westside Legacy Trail
Golfers playing The Ridge Course past couple of month help us raise $9,410 for the Columbia Valley Greenways Trial Alliance in support of the building of the Westside Legacy Trail!
June 21, 2016 – Longest Day of Golf
Our 2016 ALS Longest Day of Golf was another great success! A huge thank you to W. Brett Wilson and all those who contributed to this cause. Here’s the stats for how the day played out on The Ridge:
Brian Schaal – 262
Scott McClain – 262
Bryan Armstrong – 262
Casey Johnson – 54(further injury prevention)
Total Time – 18 hours 16 minutes. Start 04:55am. Finish 11:11pm
Total Birdies – 102 Total Eagles – 3
May 10th, 2016 – National Denim Day
Our staff at Copper Point showed their support for the Cure Foundation by wearing denim and pink to work in May. Pink balloons were also sold to raise funds for this important cause.
December 6th, 2015 – 12th Annual Feed The Town
Over 1200 people were served Turkey Dinner with all the fixings at our most recent Feed The Town event. Santa was on hand to give out toys to all the boys and girls. Over $1,800 and four truckloads of food were delivered to the Columbia Valley Food Bank.
July 7, 2015 – Lions Club of Invermere Charity Golf Day
April 9, 2014 – Copper Point Golf Academy, Director of Instruction Casey Johnson brought golf to this school’s over a two week period this spring!
May 14, 2013 – Today Copper Point hosted a group of Grade 5’s that read Poetry in the Clubhouse. Ms. Decosse’s Grade 5 class from J.A. Laird. The kids did a great job!