POLICY & PROCEDURE UPDATE
These are extremely challenging times for all of us and it is our collective belief that golf when managed accordingly by our staff through recommendations from Public Health Authorities and strictly followed by investors, members and guests, GOLF is as safe as any activity outside of complete self-quarantine or isolation.
If you feel any symptoms such as Cough, Headache, Fever or Difficulty Breathing “PLEASE STAY HOME”! We have put a concentrated effort and focus on improved safety measures and reduced contact points and we want to remind everyone to wash their hands often, and don’t touch your face, especially if you come in contact with any potential infectious contact points.
Please note, we have been experiencing a higher volume of calls than usual, with a reduced staff team – if you are unable to connect please leave a voicemail with your contact number stated clearly – we are checking voicemails regularly throughout the day and will get back to you ASAP.
- Please arrive only 20 minutes prior to your tee time. There will be a gatekeeper at the entrance, only allowing guests onto the property who have a tee time in the next 20-minutes.
- Please drive directly to the bag drop
- Have one member of your group enter the clubhouse to confirm everyone has checked in the Golf Shop.
- Once checked in our Guest Service Department will inform you when it’s clear to proceed down to the driving range or first tee box.
- Once the round is complete, at this time we must kindly ask that you please exit the property in a timely manner in order to limit the number of people on the property
- Please call the golf shop prior to your tee time and pay for green fees prior to your arrival by credit card. The Clubhouse doors will be locked but the Golf Shop will have a staff member to answer phones and respond to requests. We will not accept CASH transactions and are limiting the number of people in the golf shop to 1 at a time. Please knock on the door to access the Golf Shop.
- Everyone must have a tee time, we will not accept walk-ons!
- Please arrive no more than 20 minutes prior to your tee time so we can control and practice physical distancing. Maintain a physical distance from others at all times of 6 feet and avoid gathers in groups of 50 people or more.
- All guests must sanitize their hands, at the sanitizing station beside the Guest Service Building, once on Copper Point Property.
- Our Guest Service Staff are taking every precaution, wearing gloves and using sanitary supplies at the bag drop to disinfect and sterilize the golf carts and their work areas. Please respect their space and help by disposing of your own trash that accumulates in your golf cart.
- Our staff will NOT handle golf bags, so please be prepared to load your own golf bag on the golf cart.
- Golf carts will be sanitized prior to play and spaced out according to Health guidelines.
- Scorecards, tees and pencils will NOT be available, so please download our Golf App prior to arrival, as the app has a scorecard and GPS yardages. Copper Point Golf Club.
- Walking will be allowed to respect golfer’s desire to practice physical distancing. Single cart riders will be allowed as well as dual cart riders (they must be from the same family and living in the same household).
- Several loose items on the golf course that are a constant contact point have been removed such as rakes, ball washers, trash cans and sand and seed bottles on the carts and golf course.
- Rental Clubs and Demos Clubs will NOT be available.
- When in the bunkers please lift and place your ball into a better position as there will be no rakes. Please use your foot or golf club to smooth the sand when exiting the bunker.
- The flagsticks will remain but there is no need to touch or remove them during play.
- The Cup Liners are now turned upside down, so access to retrieve your golf ball will be very easy without touching the cup or flagstick.
- Do NOT pick up any other players clubs, please only look after your own equipment.
- On course washrooms have sanitizing stations and guests must sanitize their hands prior to entering and upon leaving the washrooms. Washrooms will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Prior to leaving Copper Point all guest must again sanitize their hands at the Sanitizing Station beside the Guest Service Building.
- No gathering in the parking lot before or after your round.
- Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in being asked to leave the property immediately or losing golfing and booking privileges, with no refunds. Please use common sense!
- A maximum of 6 people will be allowed at the Driving Range during any given time.
- · All guests must sanitize their hands prior to using the practice facility. The sanitizing station is located between the men’s and ladies washrooms.
- Mats will be separated more than 6 feet apart to comply with social distancing.
- Tees will NOT be available as we do NOT want anyone touching the golf balls.
- All shots will be hit from the mat and NOT teed up so we can eliminate another touchpoint.
- Please move practice balls from the tray to the mat by using only your golf club.
- All range balls have been sanitized and will be sanitized prior to being loaded in the bin.
- A maximum of 2 people will be allowed on the practice putting green during any given time, keep a respectful distance of 6 feet.
- After warming up at the driving range and before leaving the facility, please again sanitize your hands.
Please respect guidelines and protocols for the personal well being of our staff members and guests.
- No Bar service at this time – We are serving all take-away and grab’n go food and beverages out of our halfway house window. Please stock up before heading out, but beverage carts will be on course as well!
- We are operating at a reduced capacity in the restaurant, with tables 6 feet apart. Reservations are encouraged, but NOT mandatory. The patio is sat based on a first come, first serve basis. Once patrons are sat a table, that is your table for the duration of the meal. No switching tables due to the extreme cleaning procedures required for COVID 19 safe practices.
- We are mandated by Work Safe BC to collect the information from 1 person from each table to keep on file for up to 30 days. That includes a first and last name, and valid phone number or email.
- We also can only have a maximum of 6 people sitting at 1 table. This includes children of any age.
- Patrons are not allowed to gather. They must go directly to their table. You are allowed to leave your table to use the washroom or pay. Other then that you must remain seated for the duration of the meal. Anyone not abiding by these guidelines may be asked to leave the restaurant.
- Our staff will deliver your food order to the table and serve it a “clean edge” or empty end of the table. We ask that you do not shuffle chairs around to disrupt this serving area. Servers will ask that food/drinks delivered here be passed down the table. Servers will NOT reach over any patrons shoulder to deliver or clear plates, cutlery or glassware.
- Condiments will NOT be on the tables, so please ask your server if you require salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, etc.
- Staff has the right to refuse service to any guest that displays any of signs of COVID-19 in order to protect our staff and other guests. If you are not feeling well please stay home!
- You MUST sanitize your hands prior to coming into the restaurant and again when you leave the restaurant; a sanitizing station will be located just inside the doors of the restaurant.
- Guests sitting on the deck will be asked to use the washrooms at the ½ way house to limit the amount of traffic in the clubhouse.
- To access our menu, we ask that you scan our QR code located at all indoor tables or the hostess stand with your smartphone. This will pull up our online menu. If you do not have a smartphone, we will provide one menu per two people that is sanitized after each use.
- We accept cash, credit card or debit card only. Receipts will not be provided, as we are eliminating as many touchpoints as possible.
- Beverage Cart – We ask that you place orders, one at a time, from 6 feet back. Beverage cart attendants are the only people allowed to touch the cart. Please do not crowd the cart attendant and allow staff space to safely deliver your purchases a respectable distance from all patrons on the respective cart path. Members/guests can make a payment, one at a time, with physical distancing, via cash, credit, “tap” and/or member charge. The beverage cart is now equipped with a hand sanitizer unit, so please use it after making your purchase.
- Do not tee off until group ahead is on the Green, or an extremely safe distance away
- Stay 6 feet apart at all times
DIVOTS – BALL MARKS – AND BUNKERS!!
- We have eliminated as many touch points as possible – which includes rakes from bunkers, and sand & seed – however, we still ask that if you get the opportunity to hit a shot out of the bunkers, to please still do your best to smooth over the sand with your foot as you exit to leave it as neatly as possible for the next guests
- We please ask that you fix your divot and one other – and that you fix your ball mark and one other – as best as possible using a divot repair tool, or one of your tees to ensure all guests have the best experience possible during these times of reduced contact points.